Cambridge CAIE English Language IGCSE – Specification 0990
CAIE English Language (0990) is a favourite amongst home educators. Cambridge IGCSE First Language English is an internationally recognised qualification for learners whose first language is English. In this course you will develop the ability to communicate clearly, accurately and effectively when both speaking and writing. You will acquire the skills necessary to use a wide range of vocabulary, and the correct grammar, spelling and punctuation to develop a personal style and an awareness of the audience being addressed.
The programme also promotes wider reading, both for your own enjoyment and to further your awareness of the ways in which English can be used. In addition to this, you will also develop more general analysis and communication skills such as inference and the ability to order facts and present opinions effectively.
2 exam papers: 2 hrs each Exam board syllabus: link
This is a 1 year/30 weeks course which covers all of the syllabus content as well as exam skills/exam preparation.
All tutor-led GCSE/IGCSE courses always:
○ cover the full exam board syllabus content
○ include weekly online tutorials (live/recorded), available 24/7 for the duration of the course
○ include a wide range of multi-media support materials
○ include a range of weekly assignments (including exam questions)
○ feature personal and detailed homework feedback (including specific advice on improvements/exam skills) on all homework submitted
○ include weekly online ‘live’ drop-in sessions for learners (just turn up to as many as you need) to discuss any topics/questions/issues
○ include a range of specifically-developed, unique and proprietary detailed supporting content that is available nowhere else
○ feature full and complete tutor support for the entire duration of the course
○ cover revision and exam skills as standard!
(Developed for completion within 1 ‘academic’ year …but … flexible and adaptable for shorter or longer timeframes)
This course includes all necessary materials; there is no textbook required to be purchased for this course.
~ ~ ~
GCSE/IGCSE 1year courses are available in 2 formats (‘Live’ or ‘Flexible/Recorded) as young people often have a preferred way of learning; this makes it easy for you to tailor a course to your own needs. For more details about the ‘Live’ format and FlexibleTiming/Recorded’ formats … link to the Formats page
(We also have a range of short courses that support early preparation for IGCSE English before you start)
TO ENROL IN THIS COURSE – This course is available to start:
* Online, “Live” format – starting every September (early enrolment to reserve a space is recommended, as this course fills very early)
* Online, “FlexibleTiming/Recorded” format – enrol and start at any time throughout the year
(It may be possible to start with the ‘flexible’ format and then switch to the ‘live’ format if a learner would like to begin before a ‘live’ start date but ‘live’ is their preferred format; do ask for more details).
For course fees, discounts, payment plans, and to enrol (or get further info) just follow this little … link to our FAQ page
For more about the “Live” format and “FlexibleTiming/Recorded” format … link to the Formats page