Edexcel English Literature IGCSE – Specification 4ET1
Edexcel IGCSE English Literature is the perfect course for students looking to engage with and develop the ability to read, understand and respond to a wide range of literary texts from around the world.
You will develop an appreciation of the ways in which writers achieve their literary effects and develop the skills needed for literary study. This is a fascinating opportunity to explore, through literature, the cultures of your own and other societies and to find enjoyment in reading literature and understanding its influence on individuals and societies. The texts that are studied for the course are: Romeo and Juliet, Of Mice and Men, and An Inspector Calls.
2 exam papers (Paper 1 and Paper 2 – not Paper 3 (which is coursework/NEA)): 2 hours, 1.5 hours …. Exam Board Syllabus link
This is a 1 year/30 weeks course which covers all of the syllabus content as well as exam skills/exam preparation.
All tutor-led GCSE/IGCSE courses always:
○ cover the full exam board syllabus content
○ include weekly online tutorials (live/recorded), available 24/7 for the duration of the course
○ include a wide range of multi-media support materials
○ include a range of weekly assignments (including exam questions)
○ feature personal and detailed homework feedback (including specific advice on improvements/exam skills) on all homework submitted
○ include weekly online ‘live’ drop-in sessions for learners (just turn up to as many as you need) to discuss any topics/questions/issues
○ include a range of specifically-developed, unique and proprietary detailed supporting content that is available nowhere else
○ feature full and complete tutor support for the entire duration of the course
○ cover revision and exam skills as standard!
(Developed for completion within 1 ‘academic’ year …but … flexible and adaptable for shorter or longer timeframes)
This course includes most of the necessary materials, except the specified texts.
~ ~ ~
GCSE/IGCSE 1year courses are available in 2 formats (‘Live’ or ‘Flexible/Recorded) as young people often have a preferred way of learning; this makes it easy for you to tailor a course to your own needs. For more details about the ‘Live’ format and FlexibleTiming/Recorded’ formats … link to the Formats page
TO ENROL IN THIS COURSE – This course is available to start:
* Online, “Live” format – starting every September (early enrolment to reserve a space is recommended, as this course fills very early)
* Online, “FlexibleTiming/Recorded” format – enrol and start at any time throughout the year
(It may be possible to start with the ‘flexible’ format and then switch to the ‘live’ format if a learner would like to begin before a ‘live’ start date but ‘live’ is their preferred format; do ask for more details).
For course fees, discounts, payment plans, and to enrol (or get further info) just follow this little … link to our FAQ page
For more about the “Live” format and “FlexibleTiming/Recorded” format … link to the Formats page