Cambridge CAIE English Literature IGCSE – Specification 0992
Cambridge IGCSE Literature in English is a fascinating programme for students to read, interpret and evaluate texts through the study of literature in English. You will develop an understanding of literal meaning, relevant contexts and of the deeper themes or attitudes that may be expressed.
Through your participation in this course, you will learn to recognise and appreciate the ways in which writers use English to achieve a range of effects, and you will be able to present an informed, and personal response to the material. The qualification also encourages the exploration of wider and universal issues, promoting a better understanding of ourselves and of the world around us.
Texts covered in the course for exams in 2024 are: “songs of ourselves” Poetry, Rebecca, Streetcar Named Desire, Midsummer Night’s Dream.
This is a 1 year/30 weeks course which covers all of the syllabus content as well as exam skills/exam preparation.
All tutor-led GCSE/IGCSE courses always:
○ cover the full exam board syllabus content
○ include weekly online tutorials (live/recorded), available 24/7 for the duration of the course
○ include a wide range of multi-media support materials
○ include a range of weekly assignments (including exam questions)
○ feature personal and detailed homework feedback (including specific advice on improvements/exam skills) on all homework submitted
○ include weekly online ‘live’ drop-in sessions for learners (just turn up to as many as you need) to discuss any topics/questions/issues
○ include a range of specifically-developed, unique and proprietary detailed supporting content that is available nowhere else
○ feature full and complete tutor support for the entire duration of the course
○ cover revision and exam skills as standard!
(Developed for completion within 1 ‘academic’ year …but … flexible and adaptable for shorter or longer timeframes)
This course includes most of the necessary materials, with the exception of the specific texts.
~ ~ ~
GCSE/IGCSE 1year courses are available in 2 formats (‘Live’ or ‘Flexible/Recorded) as young people often have a preferred way of learning; this makes it easy for you to tailor a course to your own needs. For more details about the ‘Live’ format and FlexibleTiming/Recorded’ formats … link to the Formats page
This course has 2 or 3 exam papers, depending on the approach you wish to take: Paper 1(1.5hrs) and Paper 2(1.5hrs) … or … Paper 1(1.5hrs) and Paper 3(45mins) and Paper 4(1.25hrs). The exam board link is here
(We also have a range of short courses that support early preparation for IGCSE English (for before you start the IGCSE))
TO ENROL IN THIS COURSE – This course is available to start:
* Online, “Live” format – starting every September (early enrolment to reserve a space is recommended, as this course fills very early)
* Online, “FlexibleTiming/Recorded” format – enrol and start at any time throughout the year
(It may be possible to start with the ‘flexible’ format and then switch to the ‘live’ format if a learner would like to begin before a ‘live’ start date but ‘live’ is their preferred format; do ask for more details).
For course fees, discounts, payment plans, and to enrol (or get further info) just follow this little … link to our FAQ page
For more about the “Live” format and “FlexibleTiming/Recorded” format … link to the Formats page