GCSE Psychology (Edexcel 1PS0)
GCSE Psychology is a favourite amongst home educators. GCSE Psychology is a very popular subject amongst home educators. A perfect overview of the best aspects of modern day psychology, from Criminal Psychology to Child Development! This subject covers the process of psychology and its application in today’s world, discussing key psychological questions. From dreaming to memory to optical illusions, all of the most interesting aspects are covered. Psychology is an ideal subject to study for so many future careers, from business to graphic design to emergency services (and more!)
Understanding psychology offers immense benefits in understanding one’s own behaviours and attitudes, the behaviour and attitudes of those around us, and in having a successful career (in many and varied fields) navigating office relationships, customer behaviour, and supplier negotiations. There is good crossover with sociology and human biology. Course Subject Content includes: Perception; Sleep and Dreaming; Development; Illusions; Psychological Problems; Memory; The brain and neuro-psychology; Social influence and social learning; Criminal psychology; Research methods and more!
This is a 1 year/30 weeks course which covers all of the syllabus content as well as exam skills/exam preparation.
All tutor-led GCSE/IGCSE courses always:
○ cover the full exam board syllabus content
○ include weekly online tutorials (live/recorded), available 24/7 for the duration of the course
○ include a wide range of multi-media support materials
○ include a range of weekly assignments (including exam questions)
○ feature personal and detailed homework feedback (including specific advice on improvements/exam skills) on all homework submitted
○ include weekly online ‘live’ drop-in sessions for learners (just turn up to as many as you need) to discuss any topics/questions/issues
○ include a range of specifically-developed, unique and proprietary detailed supporting content that is available nowhere else
○ feature full and complete tutor support for the entire duration of the course
○ cover revision and exam skills as standard!
(Developed for completion within 1 ‘academic’ year …but … flexible and adaptable for shorter or longer timeframes)
This course includes all necessary materials; there is no textbook required to be purchased for this course.
~ ~ ~
GCSE/IGCSE 1year courses are available in 2 formats (‘Live’ or ‘Flexible/Recorded) as young people often have a preferred way of learning; this makes it easy for you to tailor a course to your own needs. For more details about the ‘Live’ format and FlexibleTiming/Recorded’ formats … link to the Formats page
Edexcel exam board syllabus: link
TO ENROL IN THIS COURSE – This course is available to start:
* Online, “Live” format – starting every September (early enrolment to reserve a space is recommended, as this course fills very early)
* Online, “FlexibleTiming/Recorded” format – enrol and start at any time throughout the year
(It may be possible to start with the ‘flexible’ format and then switch to the ‘live’ format if a learner would like to begin before a ‘live’ start date but ‘live’ is their preferred format; do ask for more details).
For course fees, discounts, payment plans, and to enrol (or get further info) just follow this little … link to our FAQ page
For more about the “Live” format and “FlexibleTiming/Recorded” format … link to the Formats page