GCSE Sociology (AQA – 8192)
GCSE Sociology is an inspirational subject for many home educated learners. Want to change the world, fight injustice, end inequality? Then sociology is for you! This subject has students develop an understanding about society, and how sociologists study and understand its structures, processes and issues. The course covers: society, education, class systems, poverty, families, crime, and social inequality.
Sociology – is the study of human social life, social relationships and society. Sociology examines how we interact with others and are influenced and shaped through being members of groups and organisations … sociology also examines how we influence and shape the groups and organisations we are part of. Sociologists try to understand the ways in which the choices of humans are limited or enabled by factors such as class, ethnicity, gender, age etc. And, sociologists try to understand how these things change over time, and why they change.
Sociology is an interesting field and relevant to careers such as business, government, social services, criminology. Sociology can help explain individual matters such as racial and gender identity, societal matters such as poverty and wealth, and global matters such as war and peace.
This is a 1 year/30 weeks course which covers all of the syllabus content as well as exam skills/exam preparation.
All tutor-led GCSE/IGCSE courses always:
○ cover the full exam board syllabus content
○ include weekly online tutorials (live/recorded), available 24/7 for the duration of the course
○ include a wide range of multi-media support materials
○ include a range of weekly assignments (including exam questions)
○ feature personal and detailed homework feedback (including specific advice on improvements/exam skills) on all homework submitted
○ include weekly online ‘live’ drop-in sessions for learners (just turn up to as many as you need) to discuss any topics/questions/issues
○ include a range of specifically-developed, unique and proprietary detailed supporting content that is available nowhere else
○ feature full and complete tutor support for the entire duration of the course
○ cover revision and exam skills as standard!
(Developed for completion within 1 ‘academic’ year …but … flexible and adaptable for shorter or longer timeframes)
This course includes all necessary materials; there is no textbook required to be purchased for this course.
~ ~ ~
GCSE/IGCSE 1year courses are available in 2 formats (‘Live’ or ‘Flexible/Recorded) as young people often have a preferred way of learning; this makes it easy for you to tailor a course to your own needs. For more details about the ‘Live’ format and FlexibleTiming/Recorded’ formats … link to the Formats page
Exam board syllabus: link
TO ENROL IN THIS COURSE – This course is available to start:
* Online, “Live” format – starting every September (early enrolment to reserve a space is recommended, as this course fills very early)
* Online, “FlexibleTiming/Recorded” format – enrol and start at any time throughout the year
(It may be possible to start with the ‘flexible’ format and then switch to the ‘live’ format if a learner would like to begin before a ‘live’ start date but ‘live’ is their preferred format; do ask for more details).
For course fees, discounts, payment plans, and to enrol (or get further info) just follow this little … link to our FAQ page
For more about the “Live” format and “FlexibleTiming/Recorded” format … link to the Formats page