IGCSE Geography (CIE 0976)
IGCSE Geography is a fascinating course, which covers a wide range of Geographic subjects, from weather to mapping, and covering both physical geography and human geography.
Through the Cambridge IGCSE Geography syllabus, learners will develop a ‘sense of place’ by looking at the world around them on a local, regional and global scale. Learners will examine a range of natural and man-made environments, and study some of the processes which affected their development. They will also look at the ways in which people interact with their environment, and the opportunities and challenges an environment can present, thereby gaining a deeper insight into the different communities and cultures that exist around the world.
Geography encourages learners to be: responsible, and aware of the duty present and future generations have in creating sustainable solutions to global issues; reflective, considering the similarities and differences between
different environments, communities and economies; engaged, with geographical issues, ideas and solutions that will have positive long-term impacts on the physical and human environment.
This is a 1 year/30 weeks course which covers all of the syllabus content as well as exam skills/exam preparation.
All tutor-led GCSE/IGCSE courses always:
○ cover the full exam board syllabus content
○ include weekly online tutorials (live/recorded), available 24/7 for the duration of the course
○ include a wide range of multi-media support materials
○ include a range of weekly assignments (including exam questions)
○ feature personal and detailed homework feedback (including specific advice on improvements/exam skills) on all homework submitted
○ include weekly online ‘live’ drop-in sessions for learners (just turn up to as many as you need) to discuss any topics/questions/issues
○ include a range of specifically-developed, unique and proprietary detailed supporting content that is available nowhere else
○ feature full and complete tutor support for the entire duration of the course
○ cover revision and exam skills as standard!
(Developed for completion within 1 ‘academic’ year …but … flexible and adaptable for shorter or longer timeframes)
This course includes all necessary materials; there is no textbook required to be purchased for this course.
~ ~ ~
GCSE/IGCSE 1year courses are available in 2 formats (‘Live’ or ‘Flexible/Recorded) as young people often have a preferred way of learning; this makes it easy for you to tailor a course to your own needs. For more details about the ‘Live’ format and FlexibleTiming/Recorded’ formats … link to the Formats page
Exam board syllabus: link
TO ENROL IN THIS COURSE – This course is available to start:
* Online, “Live” format – starting every September (early enrolment to reserve a space is recommended, as this course fills very early)
* Online, “FlexibleTiming/Recorded” format – enrol and start at any time throughout the year
(It may be possible to start with the ‘flexible’ format and then switch to the ‘live’ format if a learner would like to begin before a ‘live’ start date but ‘live’ is their preferred format; do ask for more details).
For course fees, discounts, payment plans, and to enrol (or get further info) just follow this little … link to our FAQ page
For more about the “Live” format and “FlexibleTiming/Recorded” format … link to the Formats page