MONEY AND YOU (PERSONAL FINANCE AND FINANCIAL AWARENESS COURSES)
Finance is a part of our everyday life, and having basic personal financial knowledge is one of the most important things you can do to live a healthy, happy and secure life. Understanding the fundamentals of money, budgeting, saving and debt can:
• promote good savings habits
• teach financial awareness and responsibility; budgets that we learn how to actively manage, help us spend wisely
• affect one’s credit score which impacts your entire life: getting a job, applying for a credit card, renting a flat, buying a home or car, getting insurance, etc.
• lead to financial health and positive attitudes around money
Young people should have the benefit of financial experience and education to make good decisions with money – big or small. Our ‘Money and You’ courses are created, developed and run by a business and economics specialist, and highly experienced educator. Engaging, interesting and dynamic courses to really inspire your young person.
Money and You – KS3 – Intermediate (CODE: SMON3) £45 (We’re having a “Rishi Special” sale for 2022; this course is now only £30 which makes it more affordable and even better value)
This detailed course goes beyond the basics, and builds on foundation knowledge your young person already has (or has covered in the KS2 course). The topics covered in this course:
- How you feel about money
- Different ways of paying for things
- How Banks work and different types of bank account
- Debt, loans, credit cards and interest
- Savings and interest
- Mortgages and compound interest
- Making Choices
- Keeping your money safe
- Other country’s money
- Rising Prices (Inflation)
Each topic features: i) a pre-recorded tutorial (with interactive aspects that allow your young person to ‘play along at home’), ii) activities (assignments, quizzes, projects, etc.) , iii) a save-able information pack.
And, at the end of each course, your young person is also eligible for a personal Certificate of Achievement.
Available: Online, Flexible Format – enrol anytime after May 17th; Online, Live Format – fully booked
To enrol, just complete the teeny form below: