MONEY AND YOU (PERSONAL FINANCE AND FINANCIAL AWARENESS COURSES)
Finance is a part of our everyday life, and having basic personal financial knowledge is one of the most important things you can do to live a healthy, happy and secure life. Understanding the fundamentals of money, budgeting, saving and debt can:
• promote good savings habits
• teach financial awareness and responsibility; budgets that we learn how to actively manage, help us spend wisely
• affect one’s credit score which impacts your entire life: getting a job, applying for a credit card, renting a flat, buying a home or car, getting insurance, etc.
• lead to financial health and positive attitudes around money
Young people should have the benefit of financial experience and education to make good decisions with money – big or small. Our ‘Money and You’ courses are created, developed and run by a business and economics specialist, and highly experienced educator. Engaging, interesting and dynamic courses to really inspire your young person.
Money and You – KS3 – Intermediate (CODE: SMON3) £45
This detailed course goes beyond the basics, and builds on foundation knowledge your young person already has (or has covered in the KS2 course). The topics covered in this course:
- How you feel about money
- Different ways of paying for things
- How Banks work and different types of bank account
- Debt, loans, credit cards and interest
- Savings and interest
- Mortgages and compound interest
- Making Choices
- Keeping your money safe
- Other country’s money
- Rising Prices (Inflation)
Each topic features: i) a pre-recorded tutorial (with interactive aspects that allow your young person to ‘play along at home’), ii) activities (assignments, quizzes, projects, etc.) , iii) a save-able information pack.
And, at the end of each course, your young person is also eligible for a personal Certificate of Achievement.
~ Currently available for enrolment: Online, Flexible Timing/Recorded format – available to enrol and start at any time
~ Currently available for enrolment: Online, Live format – stay tuned for 2023 days/times
To enrol, just complete the teeny form below: