IGCSE Economics (Edexcel 4EC1)
IGCSE Economics is a favourite amongst home educators. This subject is interesting, relevant, and is much more interesting than you might expect at first glance – a fantastic combination of Social Science and Business. This course covers why individuals, business, and Governments make the decisions that they do, when it comes to money, buying and selling. If you wonder about the answers to questions like “Does a minimum wage mean workers are actually better off?”, “Why do all petrol stations on one corner charge the same price for petrol?” or “Is Starbucks good or bad for the world’s economies?” then this course is for you!
Economics is a unique subject – a social science with a business and political leaning. This course is designed to give students a sound understanding of economics, and the ability to use knowledge, skills and understanding appropriately in the context of individual countries and the global economy. Economics is a great crossover with business, sociology and global development. Students will learn about monopolies, interest rates, exchange rates, tariffs, unemployment and a variety of key Economic topics highly relevant to their adult lives! Content areas: The Market System; Business Economics; Government and the Economy; The Global Economy.
This is a 1 year/30 weeks course which covers all of the syllabus content as well as exam skills/exam preparation.
All tutor-led GCSE/IGCSE courses always:
○ cover the full exam board syllabus content
○ include weekly online tutorials (live/recorded), available 24/7 for the duration of the course
○ include a wide range of multi-media support materials
○ include a range of weekly assignments (including exam questions)
○ feature personal and detailed homework feedback (including specific advice on improvements/exam skills) on all homework submitted
○ include weekly online ‘live’ drop-in sessions for learners (just turn up to as many as you need) to discuss any topics/questions/issues
○ include a range of specifically-developed, unique and proprietary detailed supporting content that is available nowhere else
○ feature full and complete tutor support for the entire duration of the course
○ cover revision and exam skills as standard!
(Developed for completion within 1 ‘academic’ year …but … flexible and adaptable for shorter or longer timeframes)
This course includes all necessary materials; there is no textbook required to be purchased for this course.
~ ~ ~
GCSE/IGCSE 1year courses are available in 2 formats (‘Live’ or ‘Flexible/Recorded) as young people often have a preferred way of learning; this makes it easy for you to tailor a course to your own needs. For more details about the ‘Live’ format and FlexibleTiming/Recorded’ formats … link to the Formats page
Exam board syllabus: link
TO ENROL IN THIS COURSE – This course is available to start:
* Online, “Live” format – starting every September (early enrolment to reserve a space is recommended, as this course fills very early)
* Online, “FlexibleTiming/Recorded” format – enrol and start at any time throughout the year
(It may be possible to start with the ‘flexible’ format and then switch to the ‘live’ format if a learner would like to begin before a ‘live’ start date but ‘live’ is their preferred format; do ask for more details).
For course fees, discounts, payment plans, and to enrol (or get further info) just follow this little … link to our FAQ page