Our range of KS4 (13-16yrs) courses is NOW AVAILABLE!
Fascinating subjects, engaging tutors! Keep your young learner in touch, in-the-know, and inspired with courses that:
- engage, delight and enthral
- use interactive and engaging multi-media tools
- offer interesting and engaging activities to demonstrate understanding and comprehension
- are led by specialist, professional tutors
- many of these courses are also GCSE Taster/Trial courses – so your young person can get a taste of a GCSE subject
Our full catalogue of available KS4 courses is … HERE
- Mini courses are online, Live&Interactive sessions that offer a unique opportunity to explore a subject in detail and practice applying knowledge right away.
- During Live&Interactive sessions, learners join the teacher in live multi-media sessions at scheduled times for activities, discussions, debates and explorations.
- Each course also offers opportunity for discussions and interaction with diverse classmates from around the world; independent projects and activities; direct tutor feedback; and much more!
- Each mini course runs for 6 weeks and all sessions are recorded, for later viewing 24/7
- Mini courses include customised course ‘notebooks’ with all of the detailed course subject information included in a dyslexia-friendly, visually appealing document for future reference
- Core Mini Courses: Courses with a ‘C’ code are ‘core’ courses, meaning they generally suit learners 13-16 ; these courses use more advanced terminology and cover subjects with a great deal of depth in several core topics.
To enrol, just complete this little form and we will be in touch in a flash!:
|CORE Mini Courses can enhance any style of home education approach / homeschool program of study:|
|Unstructured – Many young people choose a course simply because they are fascinated by the subject; if you follow an unstructured or child-led approach to home education, exploring different subjects as your child develops their interests, our courses fit right in. Assignments and projects are optional, you can watch and rewatch recordings on your own schedule, and a Certificate of Completion may not be important to your child!|
|Semi-structured – You / your child might approach some specific subjects with the aim of making clear progress through set stages, as part of a longer term plan (while other subjects/topics are approached in a more spontaneous manner). If this sounds like you, course weekly assignments and projects can be an excellent way of recording progress and building a portfolio of knowledge. It may also be important to you, to have a record of your child’s efforts and progress – for either your own purposes or for your local education authority.|
|Structured – If you / your child like to follow a structure and routine, record effort, and measure progression, then we provide easy to use tools to do so. Each online session is 55 minutes of learning time, for 5.5 hours of total ‘instructional’ time. In addition, the time commitment for weekly assignments and projects is approx 60 minutes, adding a further 6 hours of ‘learning time’. Overall, each course provides 11.5 hours of learning time over 6 weeks (and come with a Transcript and Certificate of Completion). You can also combine consecutive or concurrent courses to create your own, tailored ‘Master Course’ in a subject (Perception and Illusions + Sleep and Dreaming + Neuroscience = 1 Term of Psychology). A record of your child’s progress may be important for them/you/your local education authority/further education.|
|High School Subjects – You can combine consecutive or concurrent courses to create your own, tailored ‘Master Course’ in a subject (Perception and Illusions + Sleep and Dreaming + Neuroscience = 1 Term of Psychology). A record of your child’s progress may be important for them/you/your local education authority/further education.|
|GCSE/IGCSE Pre-Preparation or Self-Study Enhancement – Your child may want to cover some aspects of a GCSE/IGCSE subject early, or they may be self-studying and want additional reinforcement to their learning.|