Edexcel IGCSE Chemistry (4CH1) (Individual Science)
An interesting and engaging look at key Chemistry topics, including: principles of chemistry; inorganic chemistry; physical chemistry; organic chemistry.
This is a fascinating course where we cover a wide range of topics starting with ‘Principles of Chemistry’ – in this unit we lay a firm foundation in some essential basic concepts such as states of matter, understanding the Periodic Table, getting to grips with the types of calculations we may come across in the exams and the structure of atoms and how they form bonds with other atoms.
Once we have this foundation in place we are able to build up our understanding of the Periodic Table further by studying particular groups such as the Halogens and Alkali Metals, we can look at how some elements are more reactive than others and why, and how we can use this knowledge for purposes such as extracting metals from their ores. We also explore acids and bases in this ‘Inorganic Chemistry’ unit. We then dive into a bit of Physical Chemistry, exploring chemical reactions further as we look at changing the rates of reaction and why some reactions give off energy and others take it in, we also study reversible reactions and equilibria in this time. Our final unit covers the concepts of Organic Chemistry as we look at the products of crude oil, discovering the chemical composition of the various compounds, their properties and where they are used.
Throughout the entire course we are developing many essential skills including:
• learn about unifying patterns and themes in chemistry and use them in new and changing situations
• acquire knowledge and understanding of chemical facts, terminology, concepts, principles and practical techniques
• apply the principles and concepts of chemistry, including those related to the applications of chemistry, to different contexts
• evaluate chemical information, making judgements on the basis of this information
• appreciate the practical nature of chemistry, developing experimental and investigative skills based on correct and safe laboratory techniques
• prepare for more advanced courses in chemistry and for other courses that require knowledge of chemistry.
(This course does use a textbook: Edexcel International GCSE (9-1) Chemistry. Student Book – Edexcel International GCSE Author Jim Clark)
The exam board syllabus can be found here … https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-international-gcses/international-gcse-chemistry-2017.html
~ ~ ~
This is a 1 year/30 weeks course which covers all of the syllabus content as well as exam skills/exam preparation.
All tutor-led GCSE/IGCSE courses always:
○ cover the full exam board syllabus content
○ include weekly online tutorials (live/recorded), available 24/7 for the duration of the course
○ include a wide range of multi-media support materials
○ include a range of weekly assignments (including exam questions)
○ feature personal and detailed homework feedback (including specific advice on improvements/exam skills) on all homework submitted
○ include weekly online ‘live’ drop-in sessions for learners (just turn up to as many as you need) to discuss any topics/questions/issues
○ include a range of specifically-developed, unique and proprietary detailed supporting content that is available nowhere else
○ feature full and complete tutor support for the entire duration of the course
○ cover revision and exam skills as standard!
(Developed for completion within 1 ‘academic’ year …but … flexible and adaptable for shorter or longer timeframes)
This course has a required textbook.
~ ~ ~
GCSE/IGCSE 1year courses are available in 2 formats (‘Live’ or ‘Flexible/Recorded) as young people often have a preferred way of learning; this makes it easy for you to tailor a course to your own needs. For more details about the ‘Live’ format and FlexibleTiming/Recorded’ formats … link to the Formats page
~ ~ ~
TO ENROL IN THIS COURSE – This course is available to start:
Online,Live – starting every September (early enrolment to reserve a space is recommended, as this course fills very early)
Online, FlexibleTiming/Recorded – starting every September (early enrolment to reserve a space is recommended, as this course fills very early)
For course fees, discounts, payment plans, and to enrol (or get further info) just follow this little … link to our FAQ page
~ ~ ~